I. Job Description
The IATA student representatives serve as non-voting members on the IATA Executive Council as well as the Indiana Student Senators for the GLATA Student Senate. They are responsible for expressing the views and opinions of athletic training students throughout the state. The student representatives are responsible for coordinating and planning the annual IATA fall student meeting as well as responsibilities assigned by the GLATA Student Senate. Representatives should be enthusiastic about athletic training, have the ability to formulate ideas, maintain good time management, and be available for monthly and annual meetings at both the state and district level.
II. Eligibility Requirements
1. Students may apply for the position as IATA Student Representative as an undergraduate or graduate student. An undergraduate student must apply during their sophomore year and serve a two-year term. Students in Professional Master's Athletic Training Education Programs may apply during their first year of graduate school and serve a 12-month term.
Each Student Representative must be a student in either an undergraduate accredited Athletic Training Education Program, entry level masters accredited Athletic Training Education Program, or enrolled as a student at an institution of higher education at the completion of their term.
2. Applicant must be a current student member of the Indiana Athletic Trainers’ Association and Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association.
III. Application Instructions
1. Application packet should include:
a. Application (submitted online)
b. Cover Letter (email to firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Resume (email to email@example.com
d. 2 Letters of Recommendation (1 from ATEP director; 1 from another certified athletic trainer) (email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IV. Evaluation Process
1. Application must be submitted no later than January 31, 2018.
2. Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in campus activities other than academic and athletic training, in which he/she has demonstrated qualities of leadership and has been a positive example to fellow students.
3. Applicants will be notified of a decision by February 9, 2018.
4. Applicant will serve a 2 year term beginning at the GLATA Business Meeting in March 2018.
Any questions, please contact IATA President-Elect Tim Drudge email@example.com